Do you or someone you know need immediate help or support? Check the resources below while considering Estoy Aqui LLC cannot guarantee the quality of these services and/or products.
Peer Support Lines
“A warm line (peer support line) is an alternative to a crisis line that is run by ‘peers,’ generally those who have had their own experiences of trauma that they are willing to speak of and acknowledge… Most warm line operators have been through extreme challenges themselves and are there primarily to listen” (Grossberg, 2014).
These resources do not contact law enforcement or emergency services if a person is considering suicide.
National Peer Support Lines
Trans Lifeline – 877-565-8860, oprima el numero 2 para hablar en Español. Available 24/7.
Warmline.org contains links to peer support lines in the United States.
Local Peer Support Lines
Western Mass Peer Support Line – 888-407-4515 They are available from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 7:00 PM to 10 PM Friday through Sunday.
“Crisis workers are trained to talk comfortably and calmly, use active listening, assess risk, and determine if a person is in danger” (Kee, 2018).
These resources can contact law enforcement or emergency services without the caller’s consent if they are considered to be at “immediate risk” of suicide. Your definition of “immediate risk” might not be the same as theirs. Make sure to ask them at the beginning of the call how they determine “risk” so you can decide whether this type of support is right for you.
National Crisis Hotlines (Available 24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 800-273-8255 oprima el numero 2 para hablar en Español
- The Trevor Project – 866-488-7386 or text ‘START’ to 678-678
- Crisis Text Line – Text the word HOME to 741741 or textea la palabra AYUDA a 741741
Local Crisis Hotlines (Available 24/7)
- Call2Talk – 508-532-2255
- Samaritans Helpline – call or text 877-870-4673
- Behavioral Health Network Crisis – 413-733-6661
Mental Health Websites
Here are helpful websites with more resources that include support groups and tools.
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective: www.beam.community
- CTZNWELL: www.ctznwell.org
- Therapy for Latinx: www.therapyforlatinx.com
- Western Massachusetts Training Consortium: www.wmtcinfo.org
- Wildflower Alliance: www.wildfloweralliance.org
- PureSpark: www.yourpurespark.com
- Wellness for the Culture: www.wellnessfortheculture.com
- DeeDee’s Cry: www.deedeescry.com
- Kiva Centers: www.kivacenters.org
- A Voice At The Table: avoiceatthetable.org
Violence Prevention Lines
Lines that can be called to prevent or stop violence and assault.
National Violence Prevention Lines (Available 24/7)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline by RAINN – 800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
Local Violence Prevention Lines